This weeks must reads about sustainable fashion from our friend over at The Friendly Fashionist! You’d be doing yourself a service to check it out. Ya dig?
LOTS of fun things going on this week in the world of ethical fashion, from shopping guides to sustainable, mass market products.
- SCARY: Looks like some popular fast fashion brands were caught selling lead-tainted accessories. (via Ecosalon)
- SWEET: Nike has a new eco-friendly dying process that cuts out water and chemicals. (via Ecosalon)
- Fashion student creates vegan shoe for PETA, and it’s pretty amaze! (via The Irish Post)
- Check out this handy where-to-shop guide for sustainable fashion in Miami! (via Ocean Drive)
- Fendi (rightfully) chastised for presenting menswear collection on runway made of fur. (via Fashionista)
- The hottest vegan handbags. Think: shape, color, size, texture. (via Huffington Post)
- Tanning leather can be super toxic, so here’s some cute picks for leather-free ankle booties! (via FeelGoodStyle)
- Great overview of ethical fashion in Germany that addresses the issues designers face in making a product that’s sustainable and also appeals to the mass market. (via…
View original post 24 more words